- bought a new building in March,
- completed it in April,
- relocated in May,
- developed a building plan and took bids in July,
- began second floor construction in August,
- and are on the cusp of completion in October.
- Construction in Ibarra is very different than in the US, with block, brick, and metal rather than wood, with many processes done by hand rather than machine, with strong earthquake resistance built in, and with no need for insulation, screens, heating, or cooling. When we left Ibarra in September, the workers were moving sand and bricks up to the second level, carrying the materials in sacks and on their backs.
Together, with our supporters, the team at Prótesis Imbabura: